My approach is integrative which means I have received formal training different counselling modalities (Humanistic, Psychodynamic, and Cognitive and Behavioural therapies) to combine them effectively and ethically to suit individual people, groups and circumstances. I have also undertaken additional training in Systemic approaches which informs my work with couples, parent and child dynamics and families interactions. Please visit the Association of Family Therapy for more information.
I believe people are unique and treat them as such. I will listen attentively and be non-judgemental in the counselling relationship. I am committed to personal and professional development which enables me to work ethically in accordance with the BACP and the AFT. I am also listed on the BACP register which is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority of Health and Social Care.
Training, qualifications and experience
- PG Dip in Systemic Practice with individuals, couples, families and organisations – Level 7
- PG Award working with children and young people – Level 7 – Distinction
MSc in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP Accred.) Level 7 – Distinction
- (Area of research – The experience of long term partners of Military Veterans who have been affected by mental health issues as result of active service)
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy Level 7
- Adv. Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Adv. Cert in Counselling
- Certificate in counselling
- To maintain ethical practice I continue professional development regularly, attending short courses and workshops, these have included but are not limited to:
- Childhood sexual abuse, Attachment theory
- Specialist domestic abuse training
- Creative counselling
- Mental Health issues in CounsellingLaw and ethics when working with children and young people
- Law and ethics when working with children and young people
- Child to Parent violence
- Rewind technique for PTSD
- Trauma informed approaches
- CBT Master-classes – ‘Core beliefs’ – ‘Anxiety and Trauma
Counselling coordinator for family centres in Redditch and Bromsgrove
Psychotherapist for professional sports people experiencing difficulties and challenges
Trainer for services and organisations in the field of mental health and wellbeing
I have worked as a counsellor within domestic violence agencies and with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
My professional interests are in the area of anxiety and stress and its effects, both psychologically and physically. If you are affected by anxiety, stress or panic I will work with you to help understand it’s origins and make sense of it. We can then work together to achieve a better state of well being and a reduction of symptoms.
I am also interested in alternatives to labelling and the diagnostic, medical view of mental health.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or are living with low mood/depression, anxiety or having problems in relationships or experiencing difficulties generally and would like to explore how counselling may help, please email me to arrange an appointment. This is completely without obligation.
Counselling & Psychotherapy Services
“ Until you make the unconcious concious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. ”
I work with a variety of issues, whether it be anxiety or depression or trauma or family issues. I have a wealth of experience counselling individuals and have worked with a wide variety of people, both privately and in organisations.
Counselling For Individuals
Counselling For Couples
A professional counsellor that is impartial and trained to hold a position of neutrality can be highly beneficial if you are looking to improve your relationship, intimacy or closeness.
Counselling For Families
I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist offering a private and confidential counselling service online, by telephone and face to face in Redditch and surrounding areas. I am fully insured and hold an enhanced DBS. I am a registered member of the BACP and work with individuals, couples and families for both short term and long term counselling.
My approach is integrative which means I have received formal training different counselling modalities (Humanistic, Psychodynamic, and Cognitive and Behavioural therapies) to combine them effectively and ethically to suit individual people, groups and circumstances. I have also undertaken additional training in Systemic approaches which informs my work with couples, parent and child dynamics and families interactions.